Updated on 17/4/2018
Outdoor fire pit tables are usually considered pieces of decor that are used to accentuate the outdoor living area in addition to providing warmth. However, when it comes to providing warmth, there are many outdoor propane fire pit tables that are not capable of single-handedly providing sufficient heat to keep you warm (unless you’re sitting really close) on normal evenings let alone a those very cold chilly evenings. Because of this, some of these outdoor propane fire pit tables are first, outdoor decor accessories and heat sources second. Usually, the best fire pits for heat are wood burning fire pits. Don’t worry though if you’re in the market for an outdoor propane fire pit or propane gas fire pit table for heat. There are some good options available.
If you want to buy a propane gas fire pit or propane gas fire pit table for the primary reason of providing heat, then you must be or get familiar with the term fire pit burner BTU rating. The initials BTU stand for British Thermal Units which in our case basically means the unit that measures the heat generated by a fire pit burner or the heat value of fire pit fuels such propane, natural gas, ethanol, wood and etcetera.
Usually, fire pits and fire pit tables with the highest BTU rating are supposed to generate the most heat. So the higher the BTU rating of a fire pit, the more the heat generated, supposedly. I say ‘supposedly’ because higher BTU rating does not 100% guarantee you more heat. This is because heat generated also depends on the functional design of your fire pit and factors such as gas pressure, orifice size and burner size that also affect the heat produced in relation to the BTU rating in your gas fire pit. You can read more on this factors here.
It’s really difficult to tell if a fire pit will deliver heat as promised unless you first test it. But if what you want is heat in a fire table first and foremost, it’s always recommended to go for higher BTU fire pits and fire pit tables because the risks are the same. Better the ones with higher BTU rating because with them there is a chance you will get what you want after-all.
So, for the best gas fire pit tables for heat, I would recommend going for a fire pit table with a rating of at least 60,000 BTUs.
However, to stay warm during the winter, the best option is to go for a wood burning fire pit or have a combination of a gas fire pit and a heater.
Below is a list of propane gas fire pit tables that have a burner rating of 90,000 BTUs. Frankly, the highest I’ve seen in the market for propane gas fire pit tables. You can also check these other cheaper priced fire pit tables with a rating of 60,000 BTUs and above. If you’re looking for an ordinary portable propane fire pit, then this list might help narrow your search.
First however, here is what you should know about gas fire pits with BTU rating of 60,000 BTU and above.
- They are usually highly priced, ranging from $900 and above. This list here has some of the cheapest options in the market.
- Are usually made of heavy duty materials and of superior quality. This explains why they’re usually more expensive than other fire pit tables. This is good because it means your fire pit table is durable and will last for years.
CC Products 48-Inch Square Propane Gas Fire Tables With White Finish
- Come in varying frame decorations and color finishes.
- Powder coated steel frame for durability as well as providing a modern stylish look.
- You should know that the first fire pit table with a clock on the side is not just a form of decoration. The two opposing sides of this stylish fire pit table have a functional Roman numeral clock that allows you to tell time as you enjoy the ambiance of your fire table outdoors.
- Features a UL listed burner match-light 304 stainless steel fire burner with a 90,000 BTU 12-inch fire ring. UL listed burner means that it has been tested to guarantee safety and quality for use.
- The usual side access door has been replaced with a lifting table top that hides the propane tank.
Key valve ignition that also allows you to adjust the flames accordingly.
- Leveling feet are included to allow the fire table to be stable on nearly any kind of floor surface.
- Comes with a burner lid for expanding the table space and also for protecting the burner when it is not in use.
- These square fire tables also comes with 40 pounds of lava rocks for use in the burner. Fire glass in the pictures is not included with the fire tables but you can purchase separately.
- Fire tables are USA made.
CC Products 48-Inch Square Propane Gas Fire Tables In Black, Copper Or Rust Finish
- Powder coated steel frame.
- Lifting table top for concealing the propane tank.
- UL listed burner match-light 304 stainless steel burner with 90,000 BTU 12-inch fire ring.
Key valve ignition for flame adjustments.
- Leveling feet for stability.
- Come with a burner cover and fire pit lava rocks.
CC Products 48-Inch Round Propane Gas Bowl Fire Tables
- These outdoor round fire pit tables are available in other luxurious color finishes.
- Feature a steel frame in powder coating.
- Lifting table top like the other fire pit tables by CC Products.
- Come with a locking cover and lava rocks.
- 90,000 BTU 12-inch fire ring in a match-light 304 stainless steel burner that is UL listed.
Key valve ignition system.
- Leveling feet for stability