11 Fire Pit Seatings Comprising of Tree Stumps and Rock Boulders
When it comes to creating the perfect outdoor living space with a fire pit, there is no limitation to design ideas available to us and obviously, the space would not be complete without a nice seating area around the fire pit to comfortably relax and enjoy a roaring fire with friends and family.
When it comes to fire pit seating areas, there are also plenty of designs that can be incorporated around a fire pit and as many materials that can be used for the construction of said fire pit seating, from bricks to wood to just buying ready made outdoor furniture.
Like many outdoor decor there may not always be a need to buy the usual outdoor furniture or construct fire pit benches. How about using what is already in the environment? One of these natural resources are rock boulders. Rock boulder are commonly used to accent the landscapes, by outlining walkways and dividing outdoor spaces, they are used among plantings or as planters themselves and as seats.
Large blocky boulders with a flat surface make suitable seats, though lets be honest, not very comfortable. However, this problem is easily solved by use of pillows which then greatly improve the comfortability while at the same time introduces a cozy homey look.
Other than rock boulders, tree stumps also make for nice fun fire pit sits. If you have the privilege of having trees in your backyard and you need a fire pit seating area, then making fire pit seats from a trees stump could be a fun activity you could engage in sometime with satisfying end results.
In the market you will find man-made boulders and tree stumps for shopper who want that natural look for their decor. For example, the stump pictured below is a rustic traditional teak aluminum metal stool in silver with a tree trunk inspired stump base and oil rubbed seat. Looks close to the real thing, doesn’t it?
So why use rock boulders and tree stumps for fire pit seating?
- They blend seamlessly with the environment for that rustic natural look.
- Easy to set up.
- Very little maintenance required.
- Save up on cost of having to buy or construct the usual fire pit benches or furniture.
you can accent the boulders and tree stumps with pillows for increased comfort.
Here are examples of boulders and trees stumps used as fire pit seating.
1. Like earlier mentioned, boulders may not offer the best of comfort when it comes to chairs but you can greatly improve this by use of pillows which as you see, are not only serving the functionality purpose but also do accentuate the whole seating area while still blending with the environment?
9. Blankets will work too if your looking to increase comfort-ability.