8 Best Rustic Stone Fire Pits That Don’t Rust
First of all, by rustic stone I don’t mean that real natural stone has been used in the construction of these fire pits but rather, a blend of materials have been used to mimic the appearance of real natural for that attractive rustic appearance. They not only look like real stone fire pits, they also have the durability characteristics of natural stone as well.
In case you’re looking to buy a fire pit, here are reason why a rustic stone fire pit may just be what you need;
Benefits of rustic stone fire pits
They are durable: Made from such materials as Envirostone, fiber glass and steel rustic stone fire pits are guaranteed to be durable and capable of withstanding the elements. (Within limits of course)
Environment friendly: The textured stone-like and authentic-like rustic appearance blends well with the environment.
Safe to use on outdoor structures: Rustic stone fire pits and gas fire pits in general can be used on decks and in outdoor structures such as a pergolas and gazebos. As long as you follow the safety rules and precautions regarding fire handling, there is really nothing to worry about. Wood burning fire pits can also be used on decks and outdoor structure but you must use a fire pit spark screen to contain the flying embers. Also, if your floor is not high temperature tolerant , a fire pit pad or fire pit deck protector/heat shield, should be used.
Used as tables: As you can see below, these rustic stone fire pits come with extra wide rim edges that you can use to place your drinks, snacks or even prop your feet
Easy to use: Ease of use is one of the major reasons why people nowadays prefer gas fire pits over wood burning fire pits. Starting a fire is easy at the push of an electronic button, which you can adjust as opposed to starting fires from scratch with wood and matches.
Decorative: A rustic stone fire pit is bound to transform the appearance of a patio, more so if you take the time to appropriately color coordinate and decorate the patio area around your fire pit.
Complement heaters: If your heater is not producing as much heat as you would like it too, a fire pit would produce that extra heat that you need.
Clean-burning flames: Another major plus for the gas fire pits is the absence of soot, smoke and ashes.
So below is a list of some of the best rustic stone fire pits that we think deserve a mention;
Crawford Outdoor Square Liquid Propane Fire Pit
- It is made of magnesium oxide and steel.
- Steel burner with 40,000 BTU output.
- It come with a protective weather cover for the whole fire pit. Does not include a lid for the burner area.
- It is battery ignited with a control knob for adjusting the flames as you wish.
- Comes fully assembled so you just unpack and light it up.
- Dimensions: 32”D x 32”W x 24”H
Rogers Outdoor Round Liquid Propane (Gas) Fire Table Pit
- Includes a protective PVC Cover and lava rocks.
- This battery ignited, 40,000 BTU gas fire pit table is constructed from durable magnesium oxide and steel.
- Comes ready to use as it arrives fully assembled.
- Dimensions:32″ x 32″ x 24″
Crawford Outdoor Stone Finished Square Fire Pit
- Crafted from Magnesium Oxide with a Steel and Stone Finish for that rustic look of aged, stacked stone.
- Features steel burner with a rating of 40,000 BTUs.
- Comes with an electronic ignition for easy lighting with control knob for flame adjustments.
- Comes ready for use so no assembly is required.
- Dimensions: 30″D x 30″W x 24″H
Red Ember Coronado Gas Fire Pit Table
- Features a fire-retardant, inorganic resin exterior and steel frame and sleek marble top.
- Stainless steel burner that Generates 30,000 BTUs of heat.
- Electronic ignition with Aluminum burner control that you use to effortlessly adjust flame height.
- Thermocouple safety feature that prevents gas leakages and wastage by cutting off the gas supply in case of any gas leakage.
- Includes a protective custom-fit vinyl weather cover and Lava rocks for realistic looking flames.
- Dimensions : 35L x 32W x 24H inches
Clarksville Propane Campfire Fire Pit
- This gas fire pit table is made of Envirostone, a blend of resin and marble rot that resemblance to a natural stacked stone fire pit for that wonderful rusting look.
- 50,000 BTU stainless steel burner.
- Comes with weather cover and lava rocks for the burner.
- This rustic stone fire pit includes a tank Hideaway table and a Natural Gas Conversion kit.
- easy electronic ignition with the variable control dial for custom flames.
- Dimensions: 45 diam. x 18H in.
Dragon Fire Pit Culture Stone Base Fire Pit
- Crafted from durable magnesium oxide with a Stone looking base and weathered wood looking table top edge, this fire table is durable and weather resistant.
- Fast, easy ignition with a burner rated at 40,000 BTUs.
- Fire pit includes a protective cover and lava rocks.
Dimensions: 32L x 32W x 25H in.
Rustic stone Wood burning fire pits
So wood burning rustic stone fire pits were not supposed to be part of this list but we just had to mention these two for their great appearance and very realistic rustic natural stone look.
Best Selling Home Decor Furniture Kylie Fire Pit
- Features a glass resin construction with hexagonal table top and a weathered natural stone look finish.
- Includes a domed high temperature iron spark screen for containing the the embers.
- This fire pit can be moved around the patio as it just weighs 53.66 lbs.
Dimensions: 32.28W x 27.95D x 21.65H
Nicole Wood Fire Pit
- The glass fiber construction with gray slate finish tabletop an a gray and rose limestone finish gives this fire pit a look of real natural stone.
- Domed spark screen to keep embers at bay.
- Portable and can be moved around the outdoor living area.
Dimensions; 36.22 diam. x 27.17H in.
When shopping around for a rustic stone fire pit, there are factors to consider including the BTU of the fire pit. Generally,the higher the BTU the better for heat production. Also consider the space you have available on your outdoor area and most of all, the price. Good thing most of the rustic stone fire pits above are affordable.
Caution: Just because these rustic fire pits are made of quality durable materials and look like stone doesn’t mean you get to neglect them by leaving them exposed to weather elements day after day. Your fire pit should at the very least always be covered in a protective cover when not in use and preferable under a roof.