Copper Fire Pits- 3 Best Copper Fire Pits to Consider
Fire pits are increasingly becoming popular and and its not without reason. They providing an outdoor setting that is improved in functionality while transforming the outdoor area into an elegant cozy setting.
From permanent fire pits to portable fire pits, there are numerous types of portable fire pits, made of metal ,ceramic, slate and many other types of materials to serve every type of need.Metal fire pits are most especially popular for the portable fire pits because of their durability. Copper is among the popular metals for making fire pits because of its attractive reddish-brown coloring which serves to attract shoppers looking for the rustic-authentic look.
Other reasons why copper fire pits are popular include:
- It’s durable- when taken care of properly, copper fire pits will last several seasons.
- Copper fire pits are rust resistant it develops nice patina over time .
- Copper can withstand extreme heat and is also a good conductor of heat.
However like with other metals and even though it can withstand the heat, extreme heat will affect the color of the copper. The beautiful reddish brown color turns to black when exposed to heat over time while a nice greenish patina forms when exposed to moisture. Therefore, to prevent this color changes, regular re-finishing and polishing will be required.
Here are 3 most popular copper fire pits in the market today.
With a rating of 4 out of 5 stars, CobraCo SH101 Hand Hammered 100% Copper Fire Pit is the most popular copper fire pit in the market today.
Its key features include:
- Has an extra deep tub for longer lasting and larger fires.
- Sturdy metal construction with a contemporary stand design.
- Un-coated to provide a rustic texture and charm.
- Includes a protective vinyl cover with elastic stretch band to hold the cover securely in place and a heavy duty screen.
Read the full review HERE
Rated 4.2 out of 5 star rating, this fire pit comes with the following notable features:
- Different bowl inches; 30, 35 and 40 inches.
- The bowl is approximately 4 to 5 inches deep and capable of withstanding temperatures up to 1700 degrees.
- Features a sturdy steel stand with weather resistant elegant black powder-coated finish.
- It is the total package deal as it comes complete with a with a vinyl storage cover, spark screen, heavy-gauge log grate to facilitate proper airflow for wood burning and a screen lifting tool.
Has a 3.9 out of 5 star rating. Notable features include:
- It features a 100% copper tub with hand crafted hammered textured finish. The tub is un-coated to provide a rustic texture and charm.
- Also features a beautiful decorative rim with an antique rose copper finish that gives the tub a romantic appeal.
- Fire tub measuring 26-inch in diameter and 23-inch high.
- Comes with a heavy duty spark guard cover to prevent embers from flying out.
- Protective vinyl cover also included to prevent dirt from entering when not in use.
As mentioned earlier, like any natural material that is left outdoors, the all these copper fire pits will be affected by the environment and the heat from the fire. The good thing is that the beautiful patina created weathered appearance as a result of the patina blends naturally with other outdoors creating authenticity.