According to manufacturers, the Solo Stove Bonfire, is “the world’s most unique fire pit”. Why you ask? Well, is is because of its minimalist outdoor fire pit design that features a unique combustion system that pushes the limits of combustion airflow efficiency. Simply put, utilizes less wood to produce sufficient heat and burns cleanly, efficiently. The Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit is not only an attractive unit but also very efficient in terms of providing a comfortable backyard fire experience.
So probably it does live up to the hype which can also be backed by the numerous raving reviews Amazon. It has one of the highest customer ratings on Amazon currently which you can see here.
- Grade 304 and 430 stainless steel construction that can withstand high heat temperatures and still ensure years of service, with good care and maintenance.
- It is designed with a double wall which maximizes airflow and the combustion process which makes it extremely efficient.
- There are air intake holes on the bottom of the bonfire stove that facilitate the airflow process by channeling the air up between the walls of the stove.
- Includes its own heavy duty storage carry case
- Dimensions and weight;
- Height: 14 inches
- Width: 19.5 inches
- Weight: 20 lbs
How the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit works
It is because of the double wall, that the Solo Stove Bonfire is able to operate so efficiently. The air intake holes on the bottom of the stove direct air to the bottom of the fire while simultaneously, directing warm air up between the walls of the stove. This burst of preheated air feeding back into the firebox through the smaller holes at the top of the stove causes a secondary burn process. This allows the fire to burn more complete which is why there is very little smoke produced during full burning. A more efficient combustion process also means you’ll use less wood compared to an ordinary wood burning fire pit or an open camp fire.
Once burning, the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit gets very hot, Don’t touch or move it with bare hands, preferably wait until the fire is out.
Advantages of the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit
- Produces quite a substantial amount of heat with less wood compared to other wood burning fire pits, which makes the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit more economical in the long run.
- Cheaper than ordinary fire pits in long run because less wood is used in each combustion process.
- Superior steel construction for longevity.
- It allows for an efficient burn process which means that you won’t have to deal with half burnt logs.
- Because of the efficient secondary combustion process, the Bonfire Stove Fire Pit burns with almost no smoke. This means that you won’t have to worry about getting chocked by smoke and your clothes won’t smell.
- Easy to use. Its single construction eliminates the need for assembly.
- Really portable. It’s light in weight and therefore easy to move form place to place.
- It is not very ideal for outdoor cooking because of its design and the intense heat it produces. It’s still perfect for roasting marshmallows and hotdogs though.
- Does not come with handles for easy portability.
- May be a bit pricey as cost is between $295-$360. I however think it’s worth the money and more economical in the long run seeing as it utilizes less wood and still produces sufficient heat.
- Removing the ashes is not very convenient because the bottom part does not separate from the main unit. But scooping out the ashes doesn’t sound difficult, now does it?
Where to buy this fire pit stove
There are many retailers selling the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit but the best place to get it at the lowest price is at Amazon.
Now you might be thinking that the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit is expensive compared to other wood burning fire pits in the market today, and you’re right! It is expensive. But you see what the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit has over all those other wood burning fire pits out there, is this unique airflow system that is efficient enough to maximize heat output and smokeless flames with less wood.
Again, the initial cost of purchase may be higher but you can be sure that with the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit the you will end up spending less in terms of the cost of buying wood regularly as compared to the ordinary wood burning fire pits.
Don’t forget it’s superior steel construction that guarantees you years of outdoor entertainment, provided you care and maintain it as is required.
So what we are saying is; yes the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit is expensive, but it is absolutely worth every single penny and rest assured, you will not regret getting it.